The ECLASS board founded the Digitalization Expert Group in the spring of 2017 to provide a platform for all digitalization-related issues, and to help work through these issues in a structured and directed way.
Members of the DEG are recruited from among experienced subject-area experts, who are delegated by their companies to address the topic of ECLASS, and who are themselves active in the areas of smart manufacturing and/or the internet of things (IoT).
Participation in the DEG is free of charge, and is open to all interested subject-area experts.
DEG’s main focus is on monitoring, managing and supporting projects, as well as on coordinating all ECLASS activities in the areas of digitalization.
• Collection and distribution of information, both internally and externally to ECLASS
• Review and initiation of research work and projects
• Cooperation with other committees and associations
• Compilation of requirements
• Provision of advice to the ECLASS board
• Preparation of decision documents
Always with a focus on digitalization.